Last year’s Bike the Bridges was a hoot with its two route options. This year, we’re upping the ante; you’ve got three options to choose from.
Family-friendly: 3 miles
This family-friendly 3 mile route includes three bridges and two short sections on road. The majority of this route is on paved trail.
Shorter Ride: just over 7 miles
This 7+ miler will include seven bridges with 99% of the route on pavement but for two very short gravel sections.
Long Ride: almost 12 miles
Over an 11 mile route covering nine bridges mostly on pavement but does have a few gravel miles in the mix north of the 1st Street rapids.
When deciding which route fits best you and/or your group, zoom in and take a good look at each mapped route. You might notice, for example, that our ‘Shorter Ride’ requires riders to take the lane on NW Galveston to turn onto NW Columbia.
Bike the Bridges is free but registration is required. When you register online, make sure to tell us what type of route appeals to you:
- I ride fast and want to do the longer ride
- I ride at a moderate speed and want to do the longer ride
- I ride at a moderate speed and want to do the shorter ride
- I ride slow/leisurely and want to do the shorter ride
- I ride with my family (includes young kids and/or trailers)
See you on August 13th @ 6pm at The Gear Fix!