We are always looking for Bend Bikes volunteers to:
- Help engage their local neighborhood associations to support our mission;
- Serve on any of the many City of Bend committees that advise City Council on issues that impact active transportation in our community;
- Submit written and verbal testimony at City Council meetings (sign up for our newsletter for our calls to action!); and
- Join our various Board committees that do the nitty gritty work around Bend Bikes’ organizational operations, our bike map project (GIS and other relevant technical skills required), advocacy efforts, and outreach.
Are you interested in volunteering or have other questions? Please email us at [email protected] and we look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in Joining our Board of Directors?
We are currently recruiting for several board vacancies! We encourage folks who are new to board service, whose voices have been excluded from bike advocacy historically, and who might be interested in being supported or mentored into becoming the Bend Bikes treasurer over time. You can apply through the form below or by emailing [email protected] if you need an alternate way to apply. Applications are due May 1st, interviews will be in the first half of May, and we hope to get new board members up and running in June!
- Do you love to ride your bicycle to work or for errands?
- Do you wish there were more opportunities to do so safely in Bend?
- Do you want to roll your sleeves up and help advocate for the safety of people who bike in Bend?
- Does an overnight bike tour board retreat sound like your kind of fun?
We are a grassroots all volunteer nonprofit organization that advocates for the safety of people who ride bikes and a comprehensive network of bike-friendly routes in Bend. The full Board meets every other month and board members typically work on other projects as their schedules allow.
We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds who are passionate about getting more people on bicycles in Bend.