What data do we collect?
Bend Bikes collects personal identification information (first name, last name, and email address).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Bend Bikes with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us through our website.
- Donate to us or become a member through our website.
- Sign up for our newsletter through our website.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Bend Bikes may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Google Forms
- Volunteer Connect
- Amazon Smile
How will we use your data?
Bend Bikes collects your data so that we can:
- Process your donation or annual membership fee.
- Email you a note of gratitude for your donation or annual membership fee.
- Email you when your annual membership fees are due.
- Email you a monthly newsletter.
- Email you occasional time sensitive advocacy opportunities and updates.
Bend Bikes will never share your data with any other organizations and you should not receive any unwanted emails from other organizations with offers or solicitations as a result of sharing your data with Bend Bikes.
When Bend Bikes processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Bend Bikes securely stores your data in Salesforce and GiveWP for donations and membership fees, Mailchimp for our newsletter, and GSuites for board member applications. Bend Bikes will keep your personal identification information as follows:
- Mailchimp, Salesforce, and GiveWP – removal within one week of request
- Mailchimp – removal within one week of request
- GSuites – removal within one month after board recruitment closes
What are your data protection rights?
Bend Bikes would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to make a request to Bend Bikes for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Bend Bikes correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to Bend Bikes to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Bend Bikes erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Bend Bikes restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Bend Bikes’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Bend Bikes transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at inf[email protected].
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses third party cookies.
Bend Bikes uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We use these cookies to understand how people interact with our website and to make improvements from time to time. We also use these cookies to track your payment session, to see if you are logged into the website, and to help prevent malicious users.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and www.allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Bend Bikes has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Oregon Department of Justice (1-877-877-9392 | [email protected]).